Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Principles I live by

I want to share some of the principles or values that give life and strength to the way I live each day.

1. Giving glory of God is the aim of my life. I worship God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. My passion is to please Him.

2. Worship is an everyday event in my life. Sunday is just the overflow

3. I confess sin every day. I am a sinner saved by grace. I am so good at sinning that even when I want to live the new life of Christ, I still find my desires drawn to my old life.

4. I fear no one, only God. Human beings may differ in their education, wealth, size of house, type of car, color of skin, but all human beings have a universal need to love and be loved. I try to give and receive love to everyone, everyday

5. Everyone deserves to be respected

6. God's word, the bible, is my source for wisdom, inspiration, and knowledge. I read it everyday and I will never be able to exhaust its message. I seek to conform my life to the commands of Scripture.

7. Christianity is a lifestyle not a creed; Christianity is about Jesus, not some comfortable tradition. Christianity is inconvenient-I am always called to deny myself and carry a cross.

8. The practice of Christianity begins at home. If I cannot show the face and image of Christ to the people closest to me, I am a hypocrite!

9. God will hold me accountable for the life I have lived, the people I have loved, and the way I have used my time, talents and resources.

10. I have only one precious life to live. I will not squander my life seeking empty pleasures, wasting my life on trivial pursuits, or selfish ambitions.

11. I read a book every two weeks

12. My wife is my greatest friend and confidant. My relationship to her seeks to model Christ's relationship to the Church. Ephesians 5: 22-33

I will share more on another occasion. What are some of the principles you live by?