Friday, April 3, 2009

Seek and you will Find!

In Your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures forever more.

David trusts in God's ability to guide his life. He prays, preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, you are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot; the lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; Indeed I have a beautiful inheritance. v.6

I bless the Lord who gives me counsel-this is so cool. If I ask, if I take the time and effort to seek God about the questions of my life, God will counsel me! In the night also my heart instructs me. v.7

I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. v8

In light of this truth, David says, therefore my flesh dwells securely. Even if I die, God will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let his holy one see corruption.

Precious Lord, on this 3rd day of April 2009, help us to rest securely in your guidance. May we seek your counsel regarding the perplexing questions of life. Thank you that you will make known to us the path of life. When we stand at the cross roads of life you will show us the way forward. Amen

Based on Psalm 16