I love the practical advice of Psalm 37. Instead of burning with anger over the actions of wrongdoers, remember that in the end evildoers will fade like the grass in the middle of summer.
This beautiful song of praise teaches us how to replace anger over the inappropriate actions of others with five godly actions:
1. Trust in the Lord, and do good
2. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart
3. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will act.
4. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. Do not fret over the one who prospers in his way.
5. Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath. Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
Isn't this great advice for the times in which we live? May God help us act with unflagging devotion toward him. Read the rest of Psalm 37. This wonderful wisdom psalm will enrich your soul and order your steps in the way you should go!
Lord, help us resist the devil. Help us to humble ourselves under your mighty hand. May we trust you, delight in you, commit our way to you, be still before you and refrain from anger. We love you because your first loved us, amen.