Thursday, February 9, 2012

Josh McDowell preaching at First Pres

When I was 18 years old (that's many moons ago), I grappled with several tough questions about the integrity of my faith, the reliability of Scripture, the existence for God, the historicity of Jesus and questions about resurrection. Unresolved, these questions would have hindered my growth.

My sister gave me a copy of Josh McDowell's book, Evidence that Demands a Verdict: Historical evidence for the Christian Faith. His book was of immense help to me and my friends. His book also ignited in me a fire to read and develop a Christian worldview. I was able to share Christ and address some of the hard questions people ask about Christianity.

So you can imagine my excitement that he is joining us in worship next Sunday (February 19). I would encourage you to invite your friends and family members who may have questions about faith. 

Josh shares the essentials of the Christian faith in everyday language so that youth, families, churches, leaders and individuals of all ages are prepared for the life of faith and the work of the ministry.  This included leveraging resources based on years of experiences, new technologies and strategic partnerships.


He is the author or co-author of 127 books, including More Than A Carpenter and New Evidence That Demands a Verdict, recognized by World Magazine as one of the top 40 books of the twentieth century.  Josh McDowell Ministry is a division of Campus Crusade for Christ International.  

Worship begins at 9:15am. Don't hesitate to contact the church (847-864-1472, 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F) with questions about this event.