Monday, March 12, 2012

App for Living Well


This year's eighteenth annual men’s retreat was an equipping event. Our speaker, John S. K. Ng, Ph.D, President of Meta in Singapore ( http://www.meta.com.sg/ ), taught over 60 men about The App for living well.

John's most recent book, Smiling Tiger, Hidden Dragon is also an excellent tool for addressing conflict and living well in your home, church and work place. 

Physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual energy are needed in order to live a life filled with the presence and power of God.

One of the highlights of the retreat was hearing the powerful, acapella singing of my brothers reverberating off the walls of our meeting space. The song below is one of the songs that stopped me in my tracks.

For me, living well, is living for Jesus. Thank you Dwayne and Jim and all the organizers for making this event a life giving experience for all the men who call First Pres. Evanston their spiritual home!

Living For Jesus
  1. Living for Jesus, a life that is true,
    Striving to please Him in all that I do;
    Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
    This is the pathway of blessing for me.

    • Refrain:
      O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,
      For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me;
      I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne;
      My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.

  1. Living for Jesus Who died in my place,
    Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
    Such love constrains me to answer His call,
    Follow His leading and give Him my all.

  1. Living for Jesus, wherever I am,
    Doing each duty in His holy Name;
    Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
    Deeming each trial a part of my cross.

  1. Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
    My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
    Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
    Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

    By Thomas O. Chisholm