Here are ten things you could do in the next fifteen minutes that would make a drastic difference in your day:
1. Call a family member whom you have not spoken to in a while. Tell them you love them. Honor them.
2. Make a list of the top five priorities in your life today. Prioritize them. Now act on them in order, completing each priority or making major progress on some portion of it.
3. Invite a close friend to dinner.
4. You know that thing you’ve been putting off? Do it.
5. Begin your next big project, no matter how big it is. When I could not get started on a term paper in high school, my teacher told me, “Starting is half finished.” A huge encouragement then— and now.
6. If you don’t have a next big project, come up with one. It can be something as simple as organizing the garage. Or it can be as big as writing a book.
7. Start reading the book you’ve been meaning to pick up.
8. Exercise. Begin living healthily. Enjoy the gift that is your body.
9. Crank up some of your favorite music and jump around. Dance. Celebrate the day! Celebrate this moment!
10. Go outside and breathe deeply. Be still. Listen. Be grateful. Simply say, thank YOU!
From:. 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course For Mastering Your Life Right Now by Robert Smith (p. 98). Thomas Nelson.